How To Justify Your Participation
Here are some ways in which you can justify your participation in—and quantify your ROI from—attending RFID in Aerospace and Defense 2017
1. Create a list of priorities for the event that will help define your purpose for attending, as well as your return on your investment. For example: "Learn how RFID can help us boost asset utilization rates, track work-in-process or manage inventory."
2. Identify your most pressing organizational issues, or new technologies and projects that could lower costs or deliver additional business value. Many aerospace and defense companies are keen, for example, to take advantage of tags placed on goods for customers to lower internal costs.
3. Use our template template to send a formal letter to your manager, outlining the cost and potential benefits of attending the event.
4. Meet with your manager face to face to reinforce the ROI you expect to receive, against the list of priorities you've identified.
5. List the specific sessions relevant to the hot-button issues of top management, as well as your organization's overall goals.
6. Outline for your manager the specific on-site vendors you intend to evaluate to understand their potential to help address the priorities listed above.
7. List other aerospace and defense companies sending peers to the event.
8. Be sure to take notes and record the key takeaways on-site while the experience is fresh in your mind—that will make it much easier to document the ROI post-event.
9. As part of your justification for attending, offer to brief others regarding what you learn upon returning.
10. After the event, you will be able to download most or all of the presentations and watch video recordings of the presentations. Offer to share these with your boss and co-workers.
Read what past attendees of RFID Journal events have to say:
"[RFID Journal events] have done volumes for my continued education and ability to bring worth while applications back to my company."
"The discussions and vendor presentations open up many applications for our industry. There are always new ways presented to solve many of the same issues we face."
"I found the day very engaging and useful!"
"Excellent RFID in Healthcare event in Chicago. Very informative."