How To Justify Your Participation
Here are some ways in which you can justify your participation in—and quantify your ROI from—attending RFID Journal LIVE! Brasil 2014
1. Create a list of priorities for the event that will help define your purpose for attending, as well as your return on your investment. For example: "Learn how RFID can help us boost in-store inventory accuracy or improve tracking of work-in-process."
2. Identify your most pressing organizational issues, or new technologies and projects that could lower costs or deliver additional business value. Many companies are keen, for example, to track tools, returnable transport items and other assets to boost utilization rates and reduce capital spending on replacements.
3. Use our template (coming soon) to send a formal letter to your manager, outlining the cost and huge potential benefits of attending the event.
4. Meet with your manager face to face to reinforce the ROI you expect to receive, against the list of priorities you've identified.
5. List the specific sessions and workshops relevant to the hot-button issues of your management, as well as your organization's overall business goals.
6. Outline for your manager the specific on-site vendors you intend to evaluate to understand their potential to help address the priorities listed above.
7. List all competitive and related companies sending peers to the event.
8. Be sure to take notes and record the key takeaways on-site while the experience is fresh in your mind—that will make it much easier to document the ROI post-event.
9. As part of your justification for attending, offer to brief others regarding what you learn upon returning.
10. After the event, you will be able to download presentations and watch video recordings of presentations. Offer to share these with your boss and co-workers.
Read Why People Have Attended RFID Journal events in the past:
"The time to build process capability is now. The downturn we currently find ourselves has created an opportunity to implement game changing technology. The company that waits till our economic environment to improves will have squandered a great opportunity, one where resources and time were available to design develop and implement technologies to establish a formable competitive advantage. RFID is just such a technology, and RFID Journal LIVE! affords exposure to what is new and where the technology is headed." —Dave Johnson, Woodmark
"The discussions and vendor presentations open up many applications for our industry. There are always new ways presented to solve many of the same issues we face. I even enjoy the presentations outside of my industry as potential outside-of-the-box solutions." —Steve Luhnow
"[RFID Journal events] have done volumes for my continued education and ability to bring worth while applications back to my company." —Kirk Zauderer, Manager, Manheim
"The benefits derived from this event are real, for not only myself but for my organization and subsequently for my customers who will be the eventual benefactor." —Gary McCann, Principal Partner, Mantis Professional Services Inc.