We will continue to post news and announcements as the event approaches. Check back regularly for the most up-to-date information.
Leaders from Across All Industries to Attend RFID Journal's Eleventh Annual Event—RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 Read more
Record Number of New Products To Be
Exhibited at RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 Read more
Finalists Unveiled for the Seventh
Annual RFID Journal Awards
RFID Journal has announced the finalists for its 2013 RFID Journal Awards, including Best RFID Implementation, Most Innovative Use of RFID, Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service, Best in Show, Special Achievement and the RFID Green Award. The winners will be revealed at RFID Journal LIVE! 2013.
NEW YORK, Mar. 18, 2013—RFID Journal, the leading source of news and in-depth information regarding radio frequency identification and its many business applications, has unveiled the finalists for its 2013 RFID Journal Awards. The winners will be announced at RFID Journal LIVE! 2013, the company's 11th annual conference and exhibition, to be held at the Orange County Convention Center, in Orlando, Fla., from Apr. 30 to May 2. Each end-user finalist will be invited to present its case study at the event.
"I know I speak for all 30 judges when I say that choosing only 10 Best in Show finalists was very difficult," said Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor. "There were some tremendous deployments described in this year's submissions. Attendees at LIVE! 2013 will benefit from hearing from each finalist live on stage, and they will be able to view and vote on the new products featured in our Best in Show category."
End-user companies were nominated in four categories:
Best RFID Implementation
• Hanmi Pharmaceuticals, for its system of tagging and tracking individual pharmaceutical products
• Sesa Goa Ltd., for an RFID solution that allows the company to track, in real time, more than 7,000 truck movements daily
• The Swedish Transport Agency, for its Way Side Monitoring system, used to detect wheel or axel damage and other potential maintenance issues
Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service
• BarMaxx, for a liquor inventory-management system that can save bar and restaurant owners money by reducing over-pouring
• Boeing, for a solution that replaces detailed visual inspection with the use of RFID
• Parker Hannifin's O-Ring Division, for a system of identifying and tracking visually and dimensionally identical O-rings that have radically different performance and functional properties
Most Innovative Use of RFID
• Infinite Biomedical Technologies, for an RFID system that enables a prosthetic limb to operate more effectively and naturally
• Waterloo Labs, for an entertainment application that turned Nintendo's Mario Kart into a real-world experience
• Weatherford International, for a drilling reamer system that provides a simple, reliable method of tool activation and deactivation.
RFID Green Award
• The City of Grand Rapids, Michigan, for its use of RFID-enabled recycling and refuse collection
• Lufthansa Technik, for an RFID-enabled system of tracking hazardous waste
• The Riverside Health Fitness Center, for a towel-management system that has reduced the amount of laundering it performs
In addition, three individuals were nominated for the RFID Special Achievement Award, for their pioneering contributions to the RFID industry:
• Joseph Andraski, the founder and former CEO of the Voluntary Interindustry Commerce Solutions (VICS) Association, for his leadership in encouraging the adoption of item-level RFID in the retail apparel value chain
• Kevin Ashton, tbe co-founder and former executive director of the Auto-ID Center, for his leadership of the organization that developed the first Electronic Product Code (EPC) technology
• William Coop, the program manager of Boeing RFID Integrated Solutions, for his pioneering work in the use of RFID within the aviation industry
Finally, nine technology providers were nominated for the Best in Show Award, which will be given to the best new product being exhibited at this year's LIVE! event. The finalists are:
• BayNexus, for its BN-HH-G02 handheld reader
• Hanmi IT, for its self-propelled RFID reading system
• Hong Kong RFID, for its Tempcorder Series of active RFID temperature sensors
• IER, for its Expedited Self Payment (ESP) system for retail
• Impinj, for two separate products that will be released at the event: Indy RS500 and Speedway xArray
• Omni-ID, for its IQ 400 and 600 ultra-thin on-metal/on-liquid labels
• Tertium Technology, for its BlueBerry HF/UHF readers
• Voyantic Ltd., for its HF Tagformance testing equipment
• Zebra Technologies, for its seamless chip-based serialization system for RFID label printers
These awards are given in recognition of excellence within the RFID industry. "Each year, we see a growing number of impressive implementations and exciting new products," Roberti stated. "I'm pleased that we are able to shine a light on some of the great things being achieved in the industry, and show how companies can use the technology to improve the way they do business."
Officially Launches Its Redesigned Web Site Read more
Top Keynote Speaker Lineup at RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 Read more
RFID Journal LIVE! 2013
to Feature Retail Apparel Demonstrations in Exhibit Hall Read more
RFID Journal LIVE! 2013
to Feature More Than 50 New End-User Case Studies from a Speaker Lineup of Industry Leaders
Releases RFID Connect Smartphone App Read more
RFID Journal LIVE! 2013
to Feature Nine Preconference and Four New Post-conference Seminars Read more
Releases RFID Marketer's Handbook Read more
Leads Sponsorship Lineup for RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 Read more
LIVE! 2013 to Feature IEEE RFID 2013 Co-Located Event Read more
to Host Its Seventh Annual RFID Journal
Awards Read more
Annouces Registration Now Open for RFID Journal LIVE! 2013, RFID Journal's
Eleventh Annual Conference
RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 is produced by RFID Journal, the World's RFID Authority.
All conference sessions are subject to change, and RFID Journal reserves the right to alter dates, programs and speakers at any time, as circumstances dictate. Sessions without assigned speakers indicate a target topic; every effort will be made to ensure that a program of equivalent standard and value is available.
UHF Tag Sponsor
ROI Application Sponsor
Technical Training Partner
Preferred Public Relations Partner