How To Justify Your Participation
Here are some ways in which you can justify your participation in—and quantify your ROI from—attending RFID Journal LIVE!:
1. Create a list of priorities for the event that will help define your purpose for attending, as well as your return on your investment.
2. Identify your most pressing organizational issues, or new technologies and projects that could lower costs or deliver additional business value.
3. Use our template (coming soon) to send a formal letter to your manager, outlining the cost and benefits of attending the event.
4. Meet with your manager face to face to reinforce the ROI you expect to receive, against the list of priorities you've identified.
5. List the specific sessions and workshops relevant to the hot-button issues of your management, as well as your organization's overall business goals.
6. Outline for your manager the specific on-site vendors you intend to evaluate for future use.
7. List all competitive and related companies sending peers to the event.
8. Be sure to take notes and record the key takeaways on-site while the experience is fresh in your mind—that will make it much easier to document the ROI post-event.
9. As part of your justification for attending, offer to train others regarding what you learn upon returning.
10. After the event, you will be able to download presentations and share what you learn with your boss and co-workers.
Read Why People Have Attended RFID Journal LIVE! in the past:
"The time to build process capability is now. The downturn we currently find ourselves has created an opportunity to implement game changing technology. The company that waits till our economic environment to improves will have squandered a great opportunity, one where resources and time were available to design develop and implement technologies to establish a formable competitive advantage. RFID is just such a technology, and RFID Journal LIVE! affords exposure to what is new and where the technology is headed." —Dave Johnson, Woodmark
"I have found that RFID Journal LIVE! is the conference I need to go to to stay current in the field. The discussions and vendor presentations open up many applications for our industry. There are always new ways presented to solve many of the same issues we face. I even enjoy the presentations outside of my industry as potential outside-of-the-box solutions." —Steve Luhnow
"RFID Journal LIVE! is the biggest and best event to network and learn about the latest innovations in RF-related industries. It has done volumes for my continued education and ability to bring worth while applications back to my company. I would not miss it." —Kirk Zauderer, Manager, Manheim
"RFID Journal LIVE! continues to be the best return on my investment, offering tremendous value, even during these tough economic times. The benefits derived from this event are real, for not only myself but for my organization and subsequently for my customers who will be the eventual benefactor. There is simply no other event quite like it !" —Gary McCann, Principal Partner, Mantis Professional Services Inc.
"I have always found this to be a key opportunity to meet all of the various RF vendors in one location. This has been a great benefit as we built and maintained our RF system and laboratory. Over the years, I have found the RFID Journal LIVE! to consistently provide the best "bang for the buck." —Frank Weber, St. Louis Packaging