RFID Journal LIVE! 2015 to Feature Eight Preconference Seminars
New topics in this year's program include RFID-enabled smart products and experiential marketing with RFID.
NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2014—RFID Journal announced today that eight preconference seminars will be offered to attendees at RFID Journal LIVE! 2015 (www.rfidjournalevents.com/live), the world's premier conference and exhibition focused on radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications.
LIVE! 2015 will be held on Apr. 15-17, at the San Diego Convention Center, located in San Diego, Calif. The following preconference seminars and workshops will all take place on Apr. 15:
• RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction: This seminar will educate attendees about the durable tags on the market, how to evaluate tags for particular applications and how companies in oil and gas, chemical, mining, construction and manufacturing are successfully using RFID in harsh environments for asset tracking, personnel safety and equipment maintenance, as well as for speeding up production and shipping processes.
• RFID for IT Professionals: This seminar will explain how to build a complete software architecture, as well as the various architecture and product choices that an IT architect faces in building and deploying a successful system. The presenters will also explain how to employ RFID to track data-center assets.
• RFID for Warehouse and Inventory Management: This seminar will introduce participants to specific RFID technologies for warehouse and inventory management within the supply chain, and explain how to build a working RFID portal for automated receiving and inventory tracking.
• RFID-Enabled Smart Products: In this seminar, attendees will hear about the current state of RFID technology, and also learn how companies are adding smart functionality to household appliances, thermostats, automobiles, office equipment, health-care devices and building infrastructure.
• Innovating With NFC: This one-day workshop will explain how companies can use Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to enhance products and the consumer shopping experience.
• Experiential Marketing With RFID: This seminar will explore the current uses of RFID in generating personalized marketing campaigns, and provide examples of how the technology can be employed as part of experiential campaigns.
• Item-Level Retail and Apparel Workshop: In this workshop, attendees will hear where the benefits of employing RFID to track individual items are and how to achieve them—plus, guests will receive an update on the GS1 Item Level RFID workgroup, which is helping to develop standard ways of deploying the technology, along with best practices.
• RFID Journal University: RFID Journal's most popular preconference is designed to provide those new to radio frequency identification with the foundational knowledge necessary to begin understanding how RFID can be applied to solve specific business problems.
LIVE! 2015 will also feature four industry-specific and four level-of-expertise conference tracks, four post-conference seminars, fast-track training presented by RFID4U, International RFID Institute certification, the RFID Journal Awards, the Coolest Demo Contest and two co-located events (the Internet of Things Conference and IEEE RFID 2015). In addition, the conference will offer exhibits and demonstrations conducted by the industry's leading technology firms.
"This year, we've introduced several new preconference seminars, to help companies learn how to use RFID for experiential marketing and to enhance their products," said Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor. "As Internet of Things applications ramp up, companies will need to learn to connect their products to the Internet, and they'll want to take advantage of innovative RFID applications to engage customers."
For more information about RFID Journal LIVE! 2015, visit www.rfidjournalevents.com/live.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and in-depth information regarding radio frequency identification (RFID) and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and their many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal's websites for up-to-the-minute news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions related to RFID and IoT technologies. This has made RFID Journal a trusted and respected technology information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID and IoT decision-makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com and www.iotjournal.com.