AdvanSafe-200 is an overhead loss prevention system based on RFID UHF. It comprises an antenna with an embedded reader, controller and alarm combining loss-prevention and RFID functions in one system.
AdvanSafe-200 detects the tagged items that pass below the antenna, verify if those items have been paid, and triggers an acoustic and/or visual alarm if any item has not been paid.
AdvanSafe-200 differentiates the static tags from moving tags which eliminate false alarms caused by items tagged in the store. It is also smaller than it's previous version AdvanSafe-100.
AdvanSafe-200 can use four configurations for checking if a tagged item has been paid:
Checks the EAS bit of NXP chips
Checks if the EPC code includes a pre-defined pattern that signals that the product has or not been paid
Checks against the POS database if the product has been paid
Checks bulk theft: trigger an alarm if a certain number of tags belonging to the same category are read in a certain period (e.g. a few seconds).
AdvanSafe comprises a master unit and several slave units.
AdvanSafe works with any hard and soft Gen2 RFID UHF tags.
AdvanSafe can be ordered in 2 models:
• Model with suspended wires
• Model with a ceiling mount
The products that trigger an alarm can be shown on a smartphone managed by store staff or security staff, in order to:
•Thwart theft attempts
•Register the event: false alarm, thwarted theft, theft
This information can then be analysed for business intelligence purposes:
• Theft attempts by day and time of day
• Products that suffer more theft attempts
• Stores with more theft activity
AdvanSafe-200 offers many benefits for retailers, such as:
• Improved store aesthetics, by having a store entrance free from obstacles
• Shrinkage reduction
• False alarms elimination
• Combination of loss-prevention and product identification in one system
• Provides data to detect which product suffer more theft attempts
• Very quick detection
• Continuous detection field
• One master unit can be connected to 1,2 or 3 slave units, which reduces costs
• Plug and play installation