The RFID Journal - AAFA Apparel & Footwear Summit includes a Leadership Forum. Admission to this high-level round-table meeting is by invitation only (approximately 40 attendees). VIPs from the apparel and footwear industry-pre-screened to ensure a senior-level audience qualified by title, function and company size-come together to conduct a collaborative problem-solving discussion.
Source Tagging & Implementing Item Level RFID at the Point of Manufacture
The greatest benefits of radio frequency identification come when apparel and footwear items can be tagged at the point of manufacture. But there are many issues to consider when tagging at the source. In the first part of our leadership forum, Avery Dennison, a global leader in source tagging, will address these critical issues:
- How to reconcile SKU numbers with the RFID code.
- How to deal with variable color codes and match RFID codes with the correct tickets, and labels.
- How to attach and apply RFID tickets and labels.
- How to overcome the need for carrying large RFID base label inventory.
- How to coordinate tagging items at several different manufacturing facilities.
- How to tie all data into an 856 ASN.
- How to receive and send all data from the manufacturer back to the retail operation.
- How to identify the ROI for the vendor and supplier.
The second part of the forum will deal be an open discussion in which industry leaders discuss the issues surrounding adoption of RFID in the apparel and footwear sector.
Speaker: Phil Calderbank, Director Global Marketing RFID & Security,
Avery Dennison Information & Brand Management Division
Some of the key issues discussed during the closed-door Leadership Forum will be revisited by a select panel the next day during the general summit. The event is designed to provide a larger group of senior-level RFID decision-makers with in-depth information geared to the specific challenges facing the apparel and footwear industry industry.
RFID Journal - AAFA Apparel & Footwear Summit is produced by RFID Journal, in partnership with the American Apparel & Footwear Association.